Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hey Mikey you're so fine...


Cobi managed to fit me in between his early morning gym session (7am) and his late morning library session (10am) to give us a few words on his tenure with the Cobras men. A very busy man indeed, but his tan never seems to suffer...

How long have you been apart of the Cobras?


I've been with the Cobras since the beginning of 2008 so almost three years now hey.

Cobras till you die?

Of course

Please tell us why you despise Locnville (spelling) so much?

I don't actually despise Locnville as much as people think, I just don't really understand the fuss about their music, not my style to be honest.

Who do you rate is better Cooper or Carter?

Carter is solid but I'm going to have to go with Cooper, he's a magician and I enjoy the way he plays - especially in the Super 14 this year

As this is your 3rd year with the Cobras what’s it like representing the purple and white?

It's always a great thing to represent and be apart of such amazing vibe, on and off the field

Favourite rugby team (other then the Cobras of course)?

Prooovincccee!!

What does your Tuesday evening pre match ritual consist of?

Just a chilled night at home hey, a little spagbol or something and take it easy, nothing too hectic

How many cell phones have u lost in the past 2 years?

Including ones that weren't my fault/broke/etc? around the 8 mark..

If you were a travel agent (or something) and people were sitting of the fence over going to Infanta or not, what would you tell them in order to make them go?

Anyone who understands what Infanta is about can second me when I say that it really is a place just to get away from everything. Okes go there to chill, fish, surf, braai and things like that. But you have to be prepared food and booze-wise because the closest shop is an hour away. You can't explain it, you have to check it out to understand it..

Do you really drive a station wagon?

Ummm...ya..

Give us some highlights of your Cobras career thus far?

Varsity cup tour to PE and Arnies tour are the two which come to mind

Drink of choice?

tequila & red bull

Local hangout?

uct library

What u studying at UCT?

Bcomm - finance & economics

Rugby hero?

Matt Giteau - he dominates in his decision making and execution

What do you do to unwind?

Watch some TV, play guitar, mabye head to infanta if I have enough time off

Favourite Cobras chant and or drinking song?

'Oh Van der Vyfer' is a personal classic but otherwise 'We are the best there's no debate Cobras....na na na na NA...' always gets me going

What do you want to do when you grow up?

I want to be involved in the finance world, its too early to tell exactly what or where but that's the exciting thing

How stoked are u for the final?

Can't describe how amped I am, it's going to be a huge match and I'm 100% confident that the boys can take this if we play like we have up to this point

Got a date for the formal yet?

Not yet, have to keep the ladies on their toes till the last moment...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.