Thursday, September 23, 2010

Everywhere you go...

Keeeeeeennnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkoooooooooo! Good day Gents. And what a goooooood day it is. I can't tell you how I've been feeling for the last 48 hours. Waking up in cold sweats, nervous when the phone rings and scared of sunshine. I want this. I need this. We need this. It's the day of the final and my palms are sweaty. Five years from the inception of the Cobras on jammie steps we're in our second final with a team that seems (at least on paper) stronger than any we've fielded in the past.

Let's just take a moment here to rein in our emotions and reflect on past performances. Good and bad. Remember that shit nil nil draw up on a devilish evening on the Green Mile. Think back to that Herculean defense against a powerful Ubumbo side. Think back to those debuts, that sensational chip kick from Graeme Steen, that huge hit and those glaring mistakes. Think about them, learn from them and then forget them. Because tonight we wipe the slate clean. We build on positives and learn from the negatives. It will be a magnitude of game that most of us have never experienced. That none of us have played. For many it will be the pinnacle of our rugby carriers. It's final time baby! Let's take it home.

I'm giving my final weather report for the Cobras. So it would seem. What a journey it's been. What amazing blokes you all are. I often wonder if I would come across and befriend many of you in the CRFC. Imagine life without 'I want some Poeni, Poeni for me!'. Try to comprehend living a week where you don't get to hear- 'Sean, Sean, wherever you may be...!'. How different life is after Luc Du Plessis. The truth of the matter is we have, through one way or another, stumbled onto something so special, so unique that it is difficult to grasp who we'd be without the Purple Cobras. We wouldn't be half the men we are today. Swali Philanderer? Where do you think that name came from? I love going out at night with a non- cobra friend and run into one of the Cobras boys. 

'How do you know that guy?' My friend may ask.

'He's a fucking cobra!' I'll respond.

It's a bond shared amongst a bunch of dudes that not many guys get to share. It's not gay. It's just the truth. Wherever you may go, and for however long you will always be a Cobra. That means a free couch and many free beers all around the world. 

What I'm trying to say is this: Tonight we have the chance to put the cherry on the cake. We have it all. We've worked hard. So lets just go that little bit further. Another sixty minutes. 

And so... with that out the way I am ready to give you a full run down of Cape Town's weather today. What the predictions are and what will really happen.

Weather for Cape Town, South Africa

 
19°C | °F
Current: Cloudy
Wind: NW at 26 km/h
Humidity: 52%
Thu
Chance of Rain
16°C | 11°C

There you have it. Low temperatures with a strong NW. Nothing compared to the howling devil wind. I am predicting the wind to swing round into the SW towards late afternoon. This won't be too bad but it certainly won't be nearly as bad as the SE that makes the game one of two halves. 


I've had my say. All there is left is for you boys to get the job done. Make it ahppen and we'll be singing songs into the early hours of the morning.

Always take the weather with you...

No comments: