Friday, September 10, 2010

Interview time


Mano was kind enough to lend us his time and give us some thoughts on his tenure with the almighty, supreme, awesome, sick, legend Cobras!

Here's how it went down...


How long have you been a part of the Cobras?

Since first year- 2007.

Is it true that you were conceived whilst your old folks were watching the very popular (at the time), industry defining movie series of ‘Emanuel’? And therefore gave the name ‘Emanuel’.

I’ve avoided asking my parents about the time I was conceived- So maybe...

Are u Greek or Jewish?

Greek, but claim Jewish when I want to come right in the upstairs section of Fez… or get into Fez.

Cobras till you die?

F#cking of course!

Who do you rate is better Ricky January or Bolla Conradie?

Ricky is definitely a better looking terd.

As this is your 4th year with the Cobras what’s it like representing the purple and white?

It’s quite an honour playing outside the likes of Jussy B and Oli. Quite nerve racking as well as I don’t want to let down Oli. But I’m very proud to be a Cobra.

What does your Tuesday evening pre match ritual consist of?

I get to bed early- I know the tomorrow’s a big day. I find it hard to sleep because I’m thinking about tomorrow. I pop a speaker into the ear I’m not sleeping on. Music/playlists/rugby/peace with the inches speech… Hopefully I fall asleep soon, but unlikely- I’m anxious.

Give us some highlights of your Cobras career thus far?

Tour to P.EEEEE. The emergence of photographic evidence of Smorrie and Dugald ripping up that poor bus driver’s son’s clothes after getting kakked out by Dugald sr. Cian yakking on G at our first fines- racist!

Drink of choice?

Castle Lager, but thinking Castle Lite will be the beer for the summer.

Where’s your local hangout?

Kelvin waterside.

What u studying at UCT?

Finance and accounting.

Rugby hero?

Gio Aplon. He plays with a big heart and that’s what we want.

Favourite Cobras chant and or drinking song?

Oh van der Vyfer, you are the love of my life… I want curly hair too!

What do you do to unwind?

Rewatch some British Office, arrange my music collection, touch if its Sunday at 4pm.

What do you want to do when you grow up?

I'll be stoked if I become a CA. That's the plan. Have a big test on Monday, so will keep you updated.

How stoked are u for the final?

Very stoked

No comments: