Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Everywhere you go....

Hey HO(S), Let's GO!

So it's been a while hey? Yes indeed. My absence has been due, in part, to the hecticnessnessness of my final year of study. Just a lot of reading and writing, so when it comes to my free time, my special time, my fuzzy tingle time, I shy away from picking up the proverbial 'pen'. So here we are. On the eve of our title defending season. Things are looking set for an absolute cracker of a year. The boys have been down at practice, tossing the ball around with a style and flair that can only be likened to that of gazelles running in open plains. Gazelles? Not really our vibe down here in Southern Africa. Should have said something like a Kudu or whatever. Gazelle? Very American. Quite cliche'. Not really my style. I apologise. Profusely. I'm sorry dear readers. Enough of my bullshit.

Things have been rather quiet on the website of late. Not much activity. But trust me all that is about to change. I vow to you to produce quality material consistently. Not only consistently, because as we no- one can be consistently bad in their consistency. Who was I talking about this to? A certain someone, at a certain time of the past weekend. The truth is it is important to have consistency in frequency. So to sum up the shit I've just thrown at you: I will produce quality work on a regular basis. Ithankyou. 

So now to do what I do best. Copy paste a weather report of the internet and play it off as my own. The plagiarism department at UCT would have afit. A little episode if you will. Where's your referencing? They'd say in a very camp accent. What style referencing have you used? This isn't Harvard style referencing. Explain yourself! So I will (in the manner of a West London Chelsea fan): JOG ON BRUV. No explanation mark, this guy wouldn't shout, he'd just say it. You'd know, you'd jog, you'd probably run. I would, I'd run. Fast. Very fast. As fast as a gazelle? Not quite. As fast as a Kudu mate. 

Forecast: Wednesday, 29 October 2008
 
Min:  16°C
Max:  20°C
Discomfort Index:   25°C
  
Weather:Partly cloudy, morning fog patches
 
Wind:  fresh westerly
Sunrise:  05:48
Sunset:   19:11
Moonphase:New Moon
Moonrise:  05:39
Moonset:19:58

Daar sy. My intuition tells me that tomorrow's weather is going to be as good if not better than yesterday's. Just a funny feeling. Look set for awesome conditions to watch running Cobras rugga. 
A fresh Westerly you say? mmm. Delicious. It sounds good. Sunset at 19:11, perfect for the ladies watching the boys in action under the comfort of the Bang Bang shading. You may wanna pop your head out for a sec, maybe you'll see some pink streaks in the sky, and shit. 

So that's it from me. Didn't get time to do an interview. Although next week I'll be sitting down with none other than Brendan 'I'm in Fishoek and can't make it' Raubenheimer, he has a few tales to tell us. So to the boys playing tomorrow night, here's a lovely little toast to get you chaps a little fired up. It's my 'original' Plett Rage cheers vibe and it goes a little something like this:

Here's to the heat, no the heat that ignites and burns sown shanties, bu the hea that ignites and brings down panties.

Until next time....

Always take the weather with you...





No comments: