Friday, April 30, 2010

Player profile # 1

All man!

Cobras Jose Mourinho was lucky enough to be able to have a little ‘catch up’ with 2010 skipper Callan ‘Fetish’ Artis. ‘After tearing him away from the books in the African Studies section of the UCT library, I managed to convince him to join me at the post grad pub for a beer and a banter. Whether intended or not this is what prevailed’, Jose added.

What’s it like being the captain of the Cobras for 2010?

‘Being Captain of the Cobra's has been nothing but an honor and a dream come true.
The positon comes with alot of responsibility and pressure but with a side like ours I am confident I can lead the boys to glory’.

Can the Cobras finish on top again this year after their first league win in 2008?

‘2010 is definitely going to be a good year for us and I think winning the title is a realistic goal we must set ourselves and work hard to achieve. As long as we get down to Cecil each week with a little desire to win, I see no team that deserves it more than us. It is important that the guys indivually want the trophy and that they realise that each Cobra's victory is a step towards our goal’.

Who’s you rugby idol?

‘I know you want me to say James Dolton or Phil Waugh but actually my rugby idol is Brian O'Driscoll’

Beer or spirits?

‘Beer with the boys and spirits at Tiger’

Tiger or Tin Roof?

‘OOoo trick question. Tiger then Roof’

A wife beater and slops or jeans and loafers?

‘Beater and slops hands down’.

What do you do to relax?

‘Sleep’

What makes up your breakfast on match day?

‘4 eggs, toast, a grapefruit and a pint of strong coffee’

Tell us how you got the name ‘Fetish’?

‘Boarding house nonsense. Dont know how it was actually thought up. :)’

What’s your most successful pick up line?

‘You'll have to do. Lets go’.

What would you do if you didn’t play rugby?

‘I'd watch it’.

Are Poen and Shane really your step brothers?

‘Poen and Shane are not really my stepbrothers although Poen's mom is loose and my dad is single so i wont say it may never happen’.

What do you want to be when you 'grow up'?

'When I grow up I want a beer belly, a fast car and a hot young wife that never gives bat!'


Cobras stalwart Wazza Butler will be the next man in the hot seat...

No comments: