Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Weatherman Bug

Every where you go....

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, firends and foes, Army and Cherie.... This I am sad to say is the last weather report for the season 2008. But never fear there is always next year. Firstly let me apologise for my lack of weather reports lately, although with so many gaps between games it's hard to be consistent. Secondly, and more importantly, I write this weather report before a game of epic proportions. Yes, it is indeed the final of the Internal League. Not the plate, bowl or spoon final, but the CUP final. Probably the highest sporting achievement available at UCT. Francois Pienaar was heard commenting that the UCT internal league boasts some of the richest talent in -South Africa. I don't know about the Internal League as a whole, but I definitely know that the Cobras fit this description.

As for the weather: The official weather report normally supplied by the Cape Argus has been completely ignored today. Today I go on gut intstinct. The same gut instinct that predicts the Cobras to win by Twenty in the Final. The same gut instinct that believes that man for man, Cobras are better than the Nadoes. The same gut instinct that knows the Cobras simply want it more.

So my forecast, for those of you who actually care, is one of blue skies but without the heat of a hot day when Clifton's pumping (Shot Gorns). The grass under foot will be moist like that of the ladies under garments when the Cobras hit the town later. And by moist I mean pretty fuckin swet. Lovely. It seems the wind will not be playing much of a factor today and the fact that we're not playing under lights should help on the dew side of things.

As for our interview today I have none other than Captian my Captain Warren 'What's the ou up to there tonight man?' Butler. In very unusual fashion I will in fact actually consult the man himself in this interview. So every thing you hear and feel is in fact real.

This brings me to my next point. This morning there was a giant fucking BABOON on my roof. Ripley's Believe it or Not stuff here. Like the twighlight zone. I don't know what to take from this rude awakening. Is it an omen? I'm not sure. All I do know is that I watched this thing walk, casually, to the bottom of the garden and hop over the fence. Like your common variety criminal. Where was he going? I don't know for sure but he looked like he was heading in the direction of the green mile. perhaps he'd heard of the showdown while chilling in Kirstenbosch listening in on some walkers' consverstaion. Perhaps an eagle told him. Perhaps he is just a baboon in search of refuge. Perhaps.

So now to the interview. As promised Warren Butler will be joining me this afternoon and I can promise you the banter will be of top quality, nothing like that new show Luv Sport which our friend Seth Rotheram on 2oceansvibe so vehemently supports.

So let's get to it:

BUG: My captain, HOWZIT?

WAZ: Ag no well hey. Few butterflies in the stomach, but other than that I'm rearing to go.

B: Excited for the game today?

W: Ya always excited to pull the purple and white over the shoulders, espescially on an occasion such as this.

B: Hell, me too.

B: Predictions for the day?

W: Ikhaya by six over the young Kopano side in the CAN final. Whatever that means.

B: Ah, the much anticipated CAN final. Alot of controversy surrounding that game but we''ll steer clear of such things today.

B: How are the preparations for the formal going?

W: Going along swimmingly and the hats have just been sent in for printing so by Saturday the boys can chill on Clifton while still representing the family.

B: Sweet. What colours are available?

W: We've tried to cater for everyone's needs but we'll just have to see.

W: You'll have to excuse me now I need to go chunder...

B: Sweet. Save some for later.

W: Why?

B: Because the Cobras team has just arrived.... A ha ha ha ha. A ha ha ha ha.

B: Any final words?

W: Let's fuckin bring it home... I've been waiting three years for this.

There you have it. The Captain has spoken. Bring it home Cobras.

Until then....

Always take the weather with you!

No comments: